2020 Army-Navy Golf Tournament
The Vineyard, Escondido
11 Dec 2020
Golfers please be careful, courteous and obey all golf rules. Each player is solely responsible for his or her actions, including any damages to third parties (persons or property).
- Please do not check in any earlier than 30 minutes prior to your tee time. From there you are welcome to participate in the putting contest, hit warm up balls, grab food or a drink to bring with you on the course, etc.
- Please make sure to wear a face mask/covering while you are at registrationin or around the clubhouse/restrooms, putting greens and driving range. No need to wear it on the course unless you and your playing partners feel it’s necessary.
- Players are encourage to not hang around after the round. If you would like to come in and use the restroom, grab food or drink to bring home with you, etc.. that is no problem, but there can’t be any gatherings/meetings after golf.
The format is a 4-person Scramble. A scramble works like this:
- Keep one scorecard per team.
- Each member of the team hits their ball off the tee. Men will play from the White Tees and Ladies will play from the Silver Tees.
- The team captain selects the best of the 4 shots, and all players hit from that location.
- Place each ball within two (2) club lengths, no closer to the hole.
- Once the ball is on the green, each player putts from that position until in the hole.
- Max score on any hole is DOUBLE BOGEY. If you get to 2 over par, pick up and go to next hole.
- Bunker/sand traps are treated as ground under repair (COVID Rules / no rakes).
- Place your ball outside of the hazard, no closer to the hole.
- Out of Bounds are defined by white posts and boundary fences.
- Lateral Hazards are defined by red stakes or lines.
- Entrance into Environmentally Sensitive areas is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. These areas are to be played as a Lateral Hazard or where a drop area is provided.
- Speed of Play – please keep the foursome in front of you in sight. Take a double bogey and move on if you are having trouble keeping up the pace. Don’t spend a lot of time looking for lost balls.
- Turn in your score cards to the raffle table after golf.
Closest to the Pin holes (Hole #3, #6, #12, and #17): If your ball ends up closer to the pin than the person listed on the hole sign, move the hole sign to your ball’s better position and write your name on the sign.
Longest Drive hole (Hole #15): If your ball ends up in the fairway further away from the tee box than where the sign is posted for other shots, then move the “longest drive” sign to your better position and write your name on the sign.
Golf Carts are to remain on the cart paths at ALL TIMES on Par 3’s. Please use the 90 degree rule whenever possible, and obey keeping carts a minimum of 40 yards from all tees and greens.
Extras for purchase:
- Mulligans - $5 each (4 max per person) – purchaser can use anywhere to repeat a shot from the same position. Priceless!
- One Putt - $20 (1 max per person) – purchaser can call any putt “good” from anywhere on the green! Wow - Beat Army!
- Raffle Tickets - $1 each (no limit) – a chance drawing for fabulous prizes from our generous sponsors!
- BEAT ARMY PACKAGE DEAL - $50 (4 Mulligans, One Putt, and 20 raffle tickets!)
Notes: Please arrive and check-in 30 minutes before your tee time to take advantage of free range balls, pre-golf refreshments (coffee & donuts), and a $2500 putting contest. You will be able to get food/drinks when you arrive, but you will need to take it out on the golf course or take it home with you if ordered after the round.
Post event award ceremony will be on Zoom at 6:30PM.
- Dial in to find out the winners.
Meeting ID: 729 384 5306
Honor Concept is in effect for these rules. Have Fun - OBSTCR!
All proceeds go to help with USNA Midshipman Outreach Programs.
(Select the logo below to visit our sponsor.)
(Select the logos below to visit our supporters.)
Interested in becoming a sponsor or supporter or have a donation for prizes or Gift bags contact Steve Rasmussen at: email@example.com